Day tour around Skagafjörður
First we drive to Kjálki, the district on the east side of Héraðsvötn and then to the deserted farm at Tyrfingstadir in Skagafjordur, from there we go to Merkigil canyon in Austurdal. Pass Egilsá, go to Varmahlíð and end our trip in Sauðarkrókur.
- Short stop að informations center and a chanse to buy souvenir items
- Kjálki (First man to live there was the viking Kári from Norway)
- Stop at oldest torf house in Skagafjörður, Tyrfingsstaðir
- Merkigil. Wich is the deepest canion in Iceland, we walk down the canion and have a look
- Lunsh at Egilsá in a traditional Icelandic home (Icelandic meat soup and coffie)
- Varmahlið - Swimming, hot tub and a sauna or a walk around Varmahlið
Departures: 8.30 am from Sauðarkrókur.
Included: Driver/Guide. Pick up & drop off. Lunch included.
Tour time: 8-9 hours.
Persons: Minimum 2 persons. / Max 26 persons
Available: All year
Please don´t forget to bring swimming suit and towel, and good clothes.
Reservations can be canceled 24 hours prior to departure without penalty. Cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to departure will be charged full price.